Photo courtesy of ARG Conservation Services

Solution

Stanford University, Cantor Arts Center Skylight

Stanford, CA

Client

Certus Consulting, Inc.

Completion

2013

Awards

2013 California Preservation Design Awards, Craftsmanship/Preservation Technology, California Preservation Foundation

Opened in 1894 as the Leland Stanford Jr. Museum, the Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University was reopened in 1999 as the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for the Visual Arts and is more commonly known as the Cantor Arts Center.  In 2012, Stanford University sought to restore the original lobby skylight and address chronic leakage.  SGH was the lead structural engineer for the project, and provided building enclosure consulting and peer review services.