The Officers’ Club (Building 50) comprises a 1776 adobe structure with subsequent wood-framed additions and a two-story, reinforced concrete addition constructed in 1972.
SGH evaluated the low-sloped and clay tile roofs, historic and new windows, the skylight, exterior cement plaster walls, and exterior wood architectural features. We issued a report outlining existing conditions and repair recommendations. Perkins+Will incorporated this information into the Historic Structure Report.
We assisted the design team and peer reviewed architectural details and specifications pertaining to the building enclosure rehabilitation and below-grade waterproofing for a new addition and basement. Our peer review focused on repair and preservation of the following:
- Low-sloped and clay tile roof details
- Historic window repairs
- New glazing and window selection
- Cement plaster repairs
- Wood architectural feature repairs
- Exterior walls, including flashing and waterproofing details
SGH also provided part-time construction administration services to observe the completion of the roof repairs and below-grade waterproofing installation.