Roslyn Harbor, NY
Cedarmere was named by William Cullen Bryant, who purchased the forty-acre property in 1843. Bryant constructed the mill in 1862 in the Gothic Revival style. Page Ayres Cowley Architecture was leading a major restoration to the mill and observed sagging roof rafters around an infilled skylight and a deteriorated valley rafter. SGH evaluated the existing roof framing conditions and helped develop structural strengthening.