San Diego, CA
U.S. Navy P-405 Bachelor Enlisted Quarters Parking Garage
The P-405 project consists of a multi-story Bachelor Enlisted Quarters and multi-story parking structure at Naval Base San Diego. The parking structure provides 800 parking spaces in six stories, including one at-grade level and five elevated levels.
SGH provided structural engineering and functional design services for the parking structure. Fennie+Mehl Architects, under contract to SGH, provided architectural design services. The work of the SGH team included:
- Architectural design of the stair towers, elevator towers, and exterior treatment of the concrete spandrel beams
- Striping layout of standard and handicap-accessible parking space locations in accordance with code requirements
- Layout of stair and elevators
- Structural design of auger-cast pile foundations, post-tensioned concrete slabs and beams, reinforced concrete columns, and special reinforced concrete moment-resisting frames
- Preparation of a structural calculation package to document the design, including compliance with Unified Facilities
- Criteria requirements for resistance to progressive collapse
Infrastructure & Transportation
Penick Nordic Joint Venture
Key team members
Jack London Square Boardwalk
After leasing a section of the boardwalk from the Port of Oakland, the developer wanted to assess the condition of a portion of the boardwalk. SGH was the prime and structural engineer for the assessment.
Cheyenne Water Distribution System
The water distribution system in Cheyenne includes four prestressed concrete cylinder pipelines (PCCP), approximately 13.5 mi long. The 16 to 30 in. dia., lined-cylinder pipes (LCP) were installed between 1950 and 1962. SGH assessed the condition of all four lines while they remained in service.