San Diego, CA
The two buildings at 12670 and 12680 High Bluff Drive offer Class A office space to the Del Mar Heights area. The project included constructing a new building at 12670 and recladding the existing building at 12680. The new facades create textural changes by combining opaque stone veneer and transparent glazing. SGH consulted on the building enclosure.
For the new building, SGH assisted with the designing below-grade waterproofing, exterior wall waterproofing, curtain walls, terrace waterproofing, and low-slope roofing. At the existing building, we consulted on recladding the structure and replacing the roofing. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Reviewed the proposed design and provided recommendations to improve the performance of the building enclosure
- Helped develop details to integrate the various building enclosure systems
- Provided design performance criteria for systems and components to incorporate in project specifications
- Reviewed existing construction at 12680 and adapted details to fit as-built conditions
- Reviewed building enclosure submittals and shop drawings to compare with the design intent
- Visited the site to observe ongoing construction to compare with the requirements of the project documents
- Modified details during construction to accommodate variations
- Assisted the construction team with on-site mockup and collaborated with them to develop details for complex intersection where the drift joint meets the window head
- Recommended details to accommodate construction tolerances
- Observed water testing of as-built window assemblies to compare with performance expectations
Gensler Architecture Design & Planning
Facades & Glazing | Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
PG&E Building 215 Market Street Annex
We subsequently investigated the facades’ condition and designed repairs for the buildings, including a comprehensive concrete rehabilitation and historic wood window replacement for the Annex.
301 Brannan Street
301 Brannan is a six-story, brick building originally constructed in 1909 as a plumbing supply warehouse. SGH performed a facade inspection in accordance with the City of San Francisco’s requirements.