Century City, CA
The Century offers forty-two stories of luxury condominiums with views from downtown Los Angeles to the Pacific Ocean. The elliptical-shaped building sits on nearly four acres of landscaped grounds and features terraced podium levels, plaza areas, and two levels of below-grade parking. SGH provided design consulting and construction administration services for the building enclosure.
SGH consulted on the design and construction of the building enclosure, including below-grade waterproofing, podium deck waterproofing, curtain wall, punched windows, precast panels, cement plaster, anchored stone, terrace waterproofing, balcony waterproofing with thin set tile, and low-slope roofing.
Highlights of our work included the following:
- Assisting with the selection of building enclosure systems
- Reviewing aspects of the building enclosure design included in architectural drawings and specifications and providing recommendations to improve performance
- Detailing transitions between various systems to create a watertight enclosure
- Reviewing building enclosure submittals and shop drawings to compare with design requirements
- Witnessing field testing of glazing assemblies to evaluate as-built performance
- Observing ongoing construction to compare with the design intent
- Assisting the design and construction team in developing solutions needed to address as-built conditions