San Francisco, CA
The new apartment building bordered by Jones Street, Golden Gate Avenue, and Market Street brings much-needed housing to San Francisco’s Mid-Market neighborhood. Designed to complement the surrounding theater district, the fourteen-story building features opaque wall panels and punched windows. SGH consulted on the building enclosure design for the project.
SGH assisted with designing waterproofing; exterior facades featuring precast concrete panels, fiber cement rainscreen, storefront, and punched windows; and roofing. Highlights of our work include:
- Consulted on the waterproofing design for the below-grade basement, landscaped courtyard, and private terraces along with roofing at several levels, including amenity roof deck areas
- Provided recommendations to improve the waterproofing performance and integrate the various systems, including transitions and integrations between 50 Jones and the existing adjacent structures
- Created sketches to convey proposed details
- Consulted on a performance mockup for the exterior wall assemblies
- Reviewed related submittals, observed ongoing construction, and witnessed performance testing to compare with the design intent and project requirements
- Evaluated variations in the as-built details and helped develop solutions
Solomon Cordwell Buenz & Associates
Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
The Grand LA
The Grand LA includes retail and restaurant space, a forty-five-story residential tower with 500 units, a twenty-story hotel with 309 rooms plus event space, and outdoor gathering areas. SGH is providing fire life safety and accessibility consulting services for the project.
University of Southern California, University Gateway
SGH assisted the project team with designing waterproofing and the building enclosure.