Oak Park, IL
Rush Oak Hospital Emergency Department
The Emergency Department at Rush Oak Park Hospital had been serving more than double the number of patients it was designed for in 1969. With its new addition, the hospital creates a new 22,000 sq ft Emergency Department along with additional program and support space. SGH provided building enclosure commissioning services as a subconsultant to BR+A Consulting Engineers.
SGH provided building enclosure commissioning services during the design and construction phases. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Reviewing the design documents and owner’s project requirements and providing recommendations
- Developing a building enclosure commissioning plan outlining roles, responsibilities, and communication methods, and summarizing the commissioning process
- Creating a building enclosure commissioning specification
- Visiting the site to observe ongoing construction and material and assembly performance testing
- Collaborating with the project team to address field conditions
- Tracking design and construction items to be addressed by the project team
- Preparing a final commissioning report summarizing building enclosure construction and performance issues and their resolutions, as well as operations and maintenance information for the facility staff
Health Care & Life Sciences
BR+A Consulting Engineers
Key team members
ACCESS Martin T. Russo Family Health Center
The below-grade space at 245 South Gary Avenue was renovated when the Martin T. Russo Family Health Center was relocated to that level. SGH investigated the causes of the flooring failure observed by facility personnel.
Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Surgical Procedural Center
Advocate South Suburban Hospital needed to expand and upgrade their operating rooms to accommodate evolving technology for surgeries and cardiac procedures. SGH provided building enclosure commissioning and building enclosure testing services for the addition.