Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Behavioral Health Services & Pediatric Development Center
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center undertook a phased implementation for a major expansion, including the construction of several new buildings. A new four-story building on West Wellington Avenue will house the hospital’s Behavioral Health Services and Pediatric Development Center. SGH provided building enclosure commissioning services for the project.
SGH provided building enclosure commissioning services during the design and construction phases. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Collaborating with the design team to develop the owner’s project requirements (OPR) and the basis of design
- Reviewing design documents, recommending ways to improve air/water barrier continuity and building enclosure constructability, and providing suggestions for achieving the OPR
- Preparing a building enclosure commissioning plan and specifications
- Consulting on proposed value engineering proposals, including a unitized
masonry veneer exterior wall system
- Attending bid review meetings with subcontractors
- Visiting the site to observe ongoing work and witness performance testing
- Collaborating with the project team to address field conditions
- Preparing a final commissioning report summarizing building enclosure construction, performance issues and their resolution, and operational and maintenance information for facility staff
Health Care & Life Sciences
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
Key team members
SwedishAmerican Heart Hospital
SGH was the structural engineer for the resulting additions and upgrades, which had several key components, including design and construction of the new Heart and Vascular Center.
Rush Oak Hospital Emergency Department
SGH provided building enclosure commissioning services as a subconsultant to BR+A Consulting Engineers.