Pulte Home Corporation (Pulte) builds residences throughout the United States. Their projects range from multi-family buildings to single-family homes. SGH assisted Pulte by peer reviewing their waterproofing design and providing construction administration services for multiple developments in Northern and Southern California.
SGH collaborated with Pulte on their high-density residential communities primarily comprising low-rise, wood-framed structures. Each development varies in configuration and appearance. Highlights of our work include the following.
- Coordinated with the architect of record, which varied for each project
- Peer reviewed the architects’ proposed design for the roofing, wall assemblies, decks, and waterproofing, and recommended ways to improve the enclosure performance
- Performed building science analyses of wall assemblies to determine the most appropriate materials, considering cost and performance requirements
- Helped the architect develop details for integrating the various waterproofing systems
- Worked with Pulte to evaluate and establish their building and material standards
- Reviewed waterproofing submittals to compare with the project requirements
- Visited the sites to observe construction, compare the as-built construction with the design intent, and help resolve field conditions
- Conducted quality control field testing to evaluate the performance of windows and deck assemblies in the finished configuration
Pulte Home Corporation
Building Science | Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
Building Technology Division Head, San Francisco Bay Area
SGH consulted on the building enclosure for 855 Brannan, featuring an undulated facade of various sheet metals, composite panel, and stucco finishes reminiscent of the area’s design history.
The Bellevue-Staten building was constructed in the 1920s in the Art Deco style and is on the National Register of Historic Places. SGH investigated the condition of three chimneys and developed a retrofit to address the deficiencies.