NYU Langone Cobble Hill, Ambulatory Care Center
Needing to expand and limited by its campus constraints, NYU Langone decided to develop a new ambulatory care center in Cobble Hill. The five-story structure replaces an existing Long Island College Hospital building and brings a new emergency department, outpatient surgery center, cancer center, and diagnostic imaging center to the neighborhood. SGH consulted on the building enclosure design for the glass-clad structure.
SGH consulted on the facade, including custom, unitized aluminum-framed fenestration, metal panels, and fiber-reinforced cement rainscreen panels. We worked closely with the design team and helped them with the following:
- Selecting wall systems and materials
- Developing details for the wall systems and transitions to adjacent enclosure systems
- Preparing project specifications related to the facade work
- Collaborating with a design-assist contractor to further refine the design
- Evaluating the building enclosure for compliance with the energy code