With an oceanfront site and three floors of amenities, the Jade Signature brings a resort experience to residents’ everyday life. The fifty-five-story condominium building features an exposed cast-in-place structure, large expanses of glass, and private balconies. SGH consulted on the building enclosure and balcony drainage design for the project.
SGH consulted on the design of below-grade and plaza waterproofing, curtain walls, sliding door assemblies in the residences, balcony waterproofing, and roofing. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Reviewing the building enclosure design and providing recommendations to improve performance
- Assisting with the system selection for waterproofing, roofing, balcony wearing surfaces, and concrete coatings
- Consulting on the waterproofing for the below-grade portions of the building, which extend over 40 ft down, well below the water table
- Helping develop details to integrate the various enclosure systems, including those that intersect with the exposed concrete structure, such as the curtain walls, balcony and plaza waterproofing, and roofing
- Reviewing proposed details for the curtain wall systems for the lobby
- Visiting the site to observe below-grade waterproofing installation
- Answering questions from the construction team related to the building enclosure construction
We also analyzed drainage from the large Level 2 balconies that hang over the plaza on the on the east (ocean-facing) elevation. SGH estimated the peak flow rate for the plumbing engineer’s use in their design of the drainage system and evaluated the capacity of the proposed drainage details.