Court Square Parking Garage
Set in the urban area of Court Square, the new 193-space parking garage was scheduled to be built following the demolition of an existing structure. The design included 4,000 sq ft of grade-level retail below the parking levels. SGH was prime consultant, function designer, and structural engineer of record for the project.
Working as the prime consultant, SGH coordinated the work of all constituents of the project team. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Worked with the city to select the most economical foundation options
- Designed the structure for the five-level, precast concrete garage with one interior stair tower, one exterior stair/elevator tower, and pile foundations
- Designed the functional parking space layouts
- Collaborated with the city, the Springfield Historic Commission to coordinate the facade design with the surrounding historic buildings
- Incorporated the use of an architectural precast concrete facade with stainless steel mesh