Combined Sewer Overflow Control Plan Screw Pump Replacement
The city of Monmouth undertook a project to construct a new building housing two new screw pumps, power and controls, and combined sewer pipe. SGH provided structural engineering services for the project.
Highlights of our work include:
- Evaluating existing site conditions and designing sloped concrete foundations for the two new 102 in. dia. screw pumps with a 70 million gallon/day capacity
- Designing a concrete masonry pump house to house the controls, gear boxes, and motors
- Designing the flow splitter box and coordinating its connection to new and existing piping
- Collaborating with the screw pump manufacturer to understand the requirements for the screw pumps and the motor supports and design connections for the bearings, gear boxes, and motors
- Coordinating with the city inspector to conduct structural observations
Structures | Advanced Analysis
Woodard & Curran
Building Design | Buried Infrastructure
Salt Processing Dome
The salt processing dome, with an inside diameter of 173 ft and a dome peak of 65 ft, houses equipment for processing and packaging bulk rock salt for commercial sale. SGH evaluated the dome’s condition and designed repairs.
325 North Ashland Avenue
SGH evaluated the existing structure’s ability to support the proposed vertical addition and proposed strengthening concepts for the gravity- and lateral-load-resisting systems.