Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House
Located in Moline’s Overlook District, the Deere-Wiman House and Butterworth Center were constructed in 1872 and 1892, respectively. These neighboring, historic mansions are now managed by a non-profit organization. Working with the preservation consultant, Sullivan Preservation, SGH assessed the structure’s condition and helped prepare a Historic Structure Report for both homes and the ancillary buildings.
SGH assessed the condition of several structures, including the mansions and their additions, carriage houses, and tunnels extending from the homes to their respective garages/carriage houses. For both properties, SGH performed the following:
- Observed the structures’ interiors and exteriors to document the existing conditions and any readily visible deterioration
- Documented structural damage, deterioration, and evidence of water infiltration
- Provided repair and restoration recommendations to extend the useful life of the structures
- Recommended additional investigation for certain components exhibiting significant structural damage
- Prepared a report summarizing our findings, which were included in the Historic Structure Report and Preservation Plan prepared by Sullivan Preservation
Repair & Rehabilitation
Culture & Entertainment
Condition Assessments | Preservation
Key team members
Northwestern University, Ryan Fieldhouse and Walter Athletics Center
SGH provided construction phase monitoring services during installation of the below-grade waterproofing system at the center, which was constucted in a an area with high water table.
Shrine of Christ the King
On 7 October 2015, a fire at Shrine of Christ the King significantly damaged the building. SGH investigated the condition of the exterior walls after the fire and developed a restoration program.