SGH assisted ADD Inc., the designer of record, with the design and selection of the building enclosure systems, including windows and curtain wall, exterior wall systems, roofing systems, below-grade waterproofing systems, and connections to existing tunnel waterproofing. We reviewed design drawings and specifications and provided advice regarding component reliability and durability, water and air infiltration, and thermal and moisture issues.
Working for Simpson Housing LLLP, SGH provided construction phase services that included the following:
- Reviewed contractor shop drawings and submittals for below-grade waterproofing, which was particularly challenging given the interaction of The Victor with the buried tunnel structures
- Reviewed shop drawings and submittals for above-grade systems, including windows, curtain wall, metal panels systems, precast concrete, and roofing
- Visited the site to observe ongoing construction for general conformance with the contract documents and tracked open items to be addressed by the project team
- Assisted ADD Inc. by providing design sketches and working with the owner and contractors to determine practical solutions to address unanticipated conditions encountered during construction
- Conducted or witnessed field performance testing of various enclosure systems, including air and water infiltration of windows and curtain wall systems, flood testing of plaza waterproofing, adhesion testing of below-grade waterproofing, and infrared scanning of roofing