Sudbury Aqueduct

Needham, MA

Client

DiNisco Design Partnership, Ltd.

Completion

2003

Built in 1880, the aqueduct was a major pipeline for the City of Boston’s water distribution network until 1940, when the Hultman Aqueduct replaced it. Connecting reservoirs in Framingham with the City of Boston, the 17.4 mi. long aqueduct serves as an emergency backup line. When John Eliot Elementary School was considering construction of a new driveway over the Sudbury Aqueduct, they needed a condition assessment of the aqueduct and evaluation of potential safety risks involved with the project.