The original library building, designed by William G. Preston and opened in 1884, is a one-story, load-bearing brick and brownstone masonry structure with slate roofs and a clock tower that rises an additional story above the main roof. A brick-clad addition was constructed in 1989. The library suffered from continued leakage through the flat roof of the new addition and the original building gable copings, slate roofs, and metal flashings. SGH conducted a building condition assessment and investigated leakage