Columbia University, Butler Library

New York, NY

Client

Shepley Bulfinch

Completion

2007

Butler Library, constructed in 1934 as South Hall, was designed by James Gamble Rogers and renamed Butler Library in 1946.  As the largest of Columbia University’s libraries, Butler Library houses over two million volumes.  The university sought to renovate the library and SGH worked as the roofing design consultant for the renovation.