Twenty|20 at 20 Child Street
Leading the development at East Cambridge’s NorthPoint site, Twenty|20 brings 355 apartment units to the growing neighborhood. The building also offers 8,600 sq ft of retail space and numerous amenities, including patios, an event room, a fitness center with a yoga terrace, an indoor basketball half-court, a courtyard lounge, landscape plaza areas, and underground parking. The nearly full-story glazing maximizes the great city views. SGH consulted on the building enclosure design.
SGH consulted on the design of the building enclosure, including below- and above-grade waterproofing, roofing, opaque cladding, and glazed systems. Highlights of our work included the following:
- Reviewed the building enclosure design, featuring a sloped terrace with a hardscaped and vegetated stairway, long flanged strip-windows fabricated from curtain wall and corrugated metal panels, a green roof, a courtyard with private terraces and fire pit, and a roof deck
- Recommended ways to improve performance and developed details to integrate the various building enclosure systems
- Observed construction of a two-story wall mockup and recommended ways to improve construction sequencing, material compatibility, and constructability
- Provided construction administration services, including reviewing contractor submittals and visiting the site to observe ongoing construction to compare with design intent
- Oversaw an extensive quality control water testing program and helped the contractor resolve field issues
Residential | Mixed-Use | Commercial
Facades & Glazing | Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
The Point LIC, Blanchard
The Point LIC, a new commercial development, reinvents two, seven-story industrial buildings as the Paragon and Blanchard. SGH provided building enclosure and structural services for the project.
Ten Post Office Square
When a limestone modillion fell onto the public sidewalk, the City of Boston required sidewalk staging protection around the entire building. The building’s owner hired SGH to conduct an emergency facade survey and design repairs.