Twenty|20 at 20 Child Street
Leading the development at East Cambridge’s NorthPoint site, Twenty|20 brings 355 apartment units to the growing neighborhood. The building also offers 8,600 sq ft of retail space and numerous amenities, including patios, an event room, a fitness center with a yoga terrace, an indoor basketball half-court, a courtyard lounge, landscape plaza areas, and underground parking. The nearly full-story glazing maximizes the great city views. SGH consulted on the building enclosure design.
SGH consulted on the design of the building enclosure, including below- and above-grade waterproofing, roofing, opaque cladding, and glazed systems. Highlights of our work included the following:
- Reviewed the building enclosure design, featuring a sloped terrace with a hardscaped and vegetated stairway, long flanged strip-windows fabricated from curtain wall and corrugated metal panels, a green roof, a courtyard with private terraces and fire pit, and a roof deck
- Recommended ways to improve performance and developed details to integrate the various building enclosure systems
- Observed construction of a two-story wall mockup and recommended ways to improve construction sequencing, material compatibility, and constructability
- Provided construction administration services, including reviewing contractor submittals and visiting the site to observe ongoing construction to compare with design intent
- Oversaw an extensive quality control water testing program and helped the contractor resolve field issues