Long Island City, NY
The Point LIC, Paragon
The Point LIC, a new commercial development, reinvents two, seven-story industrial buildings as the Paragon and Blanchard. The renovated buildings offer open office floor plans, ground-level retail, and other amenities. SGH provided building enclosure and structural services for the project.
The triangular Paragon features a brick masonry facade with terra cotta accents. SGH prepared drawings and specifications for the building enclosure rehabilitation. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Investigating the existing enclosure systems, including reviewing exploratory openings and performing water testing
- Evaluating the existing wall systems and potential energy-saving improvements, such as adding insulation and providing sun shades
- Developing repairs, including pointing, repairing damaged brick and terra cotta, and replicating the existing water table with GFRP
- Designing a roofing replacement and repairs for the existing copper cornice
- Designing replacement windows, storefront, and canopy systems
- Detailing transitions between the various enclosure systems
- Reviewing bids for the building enclosure scope
We provided construction phase services, including visiting the site to observe ongoing construction, reviewing contractor submittals, and helping address field conditions.