San Francisco, CA
Murano, 3131 Pierce Street
At the corner of Pierce and Lombard Streets, the ribbons of custom perforated aluminum panels on Murano’s facades represent the undulating movement through the surrounding neighborhoods. The five-story, concrete-framed building includes twenty-two condominiums with private balconies, a landscaped roof terrace, ground-floor retail, and one level of below-grade parking. SGH provided building enclosure consulting services for the project.
SGH consulted on the building enclosure design, including below-grade and podium waterproofing, roof terrace and balcony waterproofing, aluminum-framed window walls and storefront, cement plaster-clad wall assemblies, and roofing. Highlights of our work include:
- Helping select and evaluating substitutions for roofing, waterproofing, and wall cladding systems
- Reviewing the building enclosure design, identifying opportunities to improve performance, and evaluating substitutions
- Developing details to integrate the various systems, including custom expansion joint assemblies at interfaces with existing structures
- Specifying and witnessing window mockups constructed in a laboratory and in the field for evaluating performance, coordinating installation sequencing, and confirming tolerances and constructability
- Providing construction-phase services, including reviewing contractor submittals, providing isometric sketches and cladding models to help the installers, observing ongoing construction and field performance testing of cladding and fenestrations, and helping address field conditions
Commercial | Residential | Mixed-Use
Handel Architects | Tanforan Industrial Park Lombard, LLC
Facades & Glazing | Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
Wilshire Rodeo Plaza
Wilshire Rodeo Plaza houses offices and flagship retails stores in the heart of the Golden Triangle in Beverly Hills. SGH evaluated the condition of the roofs and helped the owner develop a plan to replace them.
SGH was the structural engineer for the adaptive reuse and new construction project totaling 310,000 sq ft of office and 10,000 sq ft of ground-floor retail space.