Bay Street Shopping Center
Constructed in 2002, the Bay Street Shopping Center is an outdoor retail center anchored by a cinemaplex. The 20,000 sq ft podium deck houses several restaurants and includes a split-slab waterproofing assembly with a concrete topping slab. SGH investigated pervasive leaks that caused damage and affected operations on the restaurant level.
SGH investigated and identified sources of water intrusion. We conducted our investigations outside of business hours as necessary to avoid interruption to retail and restaurant activities. Highlights of our work include the following:
- Documented the existing podium construction and conducted water testing to identify leakage paths
- Recommended complete replacement of the promenade podium deck waterproofing
- Developed a rehabilitation plan allowing continuous business operations during multiple phases of work
- Prepared a complete set of construction documents for the waterproofing repairs
- Assisted the owners with their evaluation of bids for waterproofing repairs
- Helped the owner plan and implement construction
Repair & Rehabilitation
Roofing & Waterproofing
Key team members
400 Mare Island Way
The exterior cladding at this two-story office building was deteriorating and occupants were reporting water leakage. SGH investigated the condition of the cementitious fiberboard wall panels and developed a repair program that would keep the building’s exterior appearance similar to the existing.
Annenberg Community Beach House
The new beach house features elements of the historic estate, such as the Marion Davies Guest House and a historic pool, with new amenities, including a splash pad, children’s play area, cafe, and gallery.