With the development at Nashville Yards, two new towers at 801 and 900 Church Street bring more than 700 apartments to the area. In addition to 350 apartments, the thirty-eight-story 801 Church includes indoor and outdoor amenity spaces, a 500-car garage podium, and ground-level retail. SGH consulted on the fire life safety for the project comprising Type IA construction.
At more than 453 ft, 801 Church required additional life safety features as dictated by the International Building Code. Highlights of SGH’s fire life safety services include:
- Reviewing the architectural and egress plans and helping the design team incorporate solutions to comply with fire life safety code requirements
- Preparing a fire life safety report summarizing building features and construction, fire and smoke protection features and systems, and means of egress
- Helping develop fire life safety strategies for the high-rise building
- Coordinating with Metropolitan Government of Nashville, the authority having jurisdiction, and Giarratana, the building owner
- Meeting with city plan reviewers to review and address comments