San Buenaventura City Hall

Ventura, CA

Market: Government

Client

City of Ventura, CA

Completion

2006
This Beaux Arts-style building was designed by Albert C. Martin.  Built in 1912, the building was used as a courthouse until 1972 when it began service as San Buenaventura City Hall.  Special features include marble floors, a domed stained glass ceiling, Doric columns, and the faces of twenty-four friars immortalized in terra-cotta.  When the city noticed water leakage and deterioration of the terra-cotta facade, they retained SGH to investigate.