The north wing of Goldwin Smith Hall was constructed in 1893 and the remainder of the building, designed by Carrère & Hastings, was completed in 1904. The building houses the College of Arts & Sciences and is a contributing resource to Cornell University’s Arts Quadrangle Historic District. The structure features slate and copper roofs with large overhangs and exhibited roof leakage, damage to the snow retention systems and gutters from sliding snow, and icicle formation over building entries. The roof, which had undergone a series of repairs to the eaves and valleys, required complete replacement. SGH investigated the existing roof and designed a replacement roofing system that is both durable and historically-sensitive.