Parkway 301 (formerly The Shenadoah Building)
Previously known as the Shenandoah Building, the seven-story building located in Roanoke’s Downtown Historic District was originally constructed in 1910 with three rectangular cast-in-place concrete stories over a full basement. Four C-shaped, steel-framed stories were added in the early 1920s. A variety of organizations occupied the building, including the Blue Ridge Parkway designers, who inspired the development’s new name. The current owner, Bill Chapman Enterprises, sought to renovate and repurpose the building as a residential property with eighty-nine new apartments and renovated ground floor retail space. SGH was the structural engineer of record for the adaptive reuse project.