Featuring Gothic and Renaissance elements with a contemporary flare, the ten-story building exemplifies the character of downtown San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake. The building, which once housed a W. & J. Sloane furniture store, is clad in terra-cotta with wood and hollow metal windows. SGH designed a seismic upgrade for the building in 1982. In the late 1990s, SGH  conducted a prepurchase survey of the exterior facade and was then retained by the new building owner to design facade repairs.