Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Engineers to Speak at D.C. Concrete Symposium
WHO: Paul Kelley, P.E., Senior Principal
Charlie Russo, P.E., Senior Principal
Matt Sherman, P.E., Associate Principal
Scott Silvester, P.E., Senior Project Manager
WHAT: Concrete on Your Project - Practical Applications and Troubleshooting will:
- show you how to avoid cracking and jointing problems by understanding their causes and using sound fundamental practices;
- provide guidance on combatting moisture, curling, and delamination in floor slabs and toppings;
- demonstrate how specialty concrete can get you out of challenging situations;
- help you understand and avoid alkali-silica reaction, delayed ettringite formation, and sulfate deterioration;
- guide you on making repairs that last by using proper techniques and materials and fixing the root cause of the problem.
WHERE: Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011
# # #
Media Contact: Franceen Shaughnessy, Corporate Marketing Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781.907.9114
About Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures and building enclosures. Our award-winning work encompasses building, nuclear, transportation, water/wastewater, and science/defense projects throughout the United States and in more than 30 other countries.
SGH has offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.sgh.com.