SGH RESPONDING TO EAST COAST EARTHQUAKE INSPECTIONS AND REPAIRS
The 5.8-magnitude earthquake shook buildings along the east coast.
WALTHAM, Mass. - Aug. 23, 2011 - National engineering firm Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is responding to client and government agency requests for structural inspections and repairs resulting from the 5.8-magnitude earthquake that shook the east coast on Tuesday, Aug. 23.
SGH has responded to earthquakes and assisted clients around the world to evaluate damage and develop repair and recovery programs. Known in the architect/engineering/construction (AEC) industry for their expertise in seismic engineering, SGH engineers have provided services following (but not limited to) these events:
- 2011, Japan, Tohoku earthquake
- 2011, New Zealand, Christchurch earthquake
- 2010, Chile, Cauquenes earthquake
- 2010, United States, Indio, California earthquake
- 2007, Japan, Chuetsu earthquake
- 2005, United States, San Simeon, California earthquake
- 2001, United States, Nisqually, Washington earthquake
- 1999, Turkey, Izmit earthquake
- 1999, Taiwan, ChiChi earthquake
- 1995, Japan, Kobe earthquake
- 1994, United States, Northridge, California earthquake
- 1993, Guam earthquake
- 1991, Panama, Bocas del Toro earthquake
- 1990, United States, Petrolia, California earthquake
- 1989, United States, Loma Prieta, California earthquake
- 1988, New Zealand, Bay of Plenty earthquake
- 1987, United States, Whittier Narrows, California earthquake
- 1985, Mexico, Mexico City earthquake
# # #
Media Contact: Franceen Shaughnessy, Corporate Marketing Specialist, email@example.com, 781.907.9114
About Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures and building enclosures. Our award-winning work encompasses building, nuclear, transportation, water/wastewater, and science/defense projects throughout the United States and in more than 30 other countries.
SGH has offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.sgh.com.