The vast majority of damage to buildings is caused by water primarily in the form of leakage through exterior walls, windows, and roofs. Determining the cause of water leakage requires rigorous field investigation including the use of meaningful test methods and knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
SGH has extensive leak investigation and repair experience for all components of the building enclosure, including roofs, walls, windows, plaza decks, and below-grade waterproofing. We investigate and analyze building conditions as a prerequisite to developing reliable, durable, and cost-effective repair options that provide the client with a proper functioning building. Investigation and remedial design development generally include the following tasks:
- reviewing contract documents and other background information
- comparing field observations and test results
- examining building samples in our laboratory
- identifying deficiencies in design, workmanship, materials, and/or maintenance and their contribution to building enclosure problems
- writing illustrated reports that document findings and conclusions clearly and concisely